You may already have your fantasy football roster set, or you may still be in the planning stages. If you take a look at the Broncos roster, there are definitely some guys to consider putting on your team. There are also guys that you wouldn’t touch with a 30 foot pole.
Top fantasy picks:
1. Selvin Young – his first preseason game does not give any indication of how he will perform during the regular season. Don’t you know by now that anyone can run in the Broncos scheme? Should Jay Cutler perform well, things will open up for Young to surpass the 1,000 yard mark.
2. Daniel Graham or Tony Scheffler – it seems like the tight ends come through when the Broncos are in the red zone and are actually able to score. Graham looks to improve this season after a solid performance in 2007 (24 receptions for 246 yards and 2 TDs). Scheffler was even more impressive with 49 catches for 549 yards and 5 TD’s.
3. Eddie Royal – this guy is a sleeper. He will pick up yards on kick returns and it looks like he will get a lot of playing time at receiver. As teams worry about covering Brandon Marshall, the rookie will be a go to guy for Cutler. Royal is fast and he’s worked extremely hard in camp thus far.
Leave em’ alone:
1. Jay Cutler – he’s not even close to being the best QB in the league. Yes, he is healthy this year and people are expecting big things from him because he’s entering his third season. I just don’t have the confidence in him to put him on my fantasy roster yet. His TD to INT ratio wasn’t great last year and his ability to convert in the red zone wasn’t either. As any fantasy owner knows, that makes you want to bang your head on the coffee table and ask for an immediate trade.
2. Darrell Jackson - he’s been a good receiver in the past when he’s actually healthy. However, this year he’s been dropping passes left and right in camp. Plus, he’s only played the full 16 game schedule three out of eight years.
3. Michael Pittman – he’s a great pass-catching threat, but he won’t pull in big numbers because Mike Shanahan will reserve him for select situations. You simply can’t use an 11 year vet. for most of the game. His best days are behind him and unfortunately they took place in Tampa Bay.