Who’s next for the Denver Broncos? A look at future HC Candidates
7 of 12
A “sexy hire” is not what I would call Jim Caldwell, but he might be one of the most rational. The former Colts and Lions Head Coach has a long history of stabilizing the teams he’s coached for. He’s won two Super Bowls as an assistant and went to a third as the Colts’ Head Coach. He’s a calming voice in an otherwise frantic NFL environment.
- Been a HC at the college and pro level (Wake Forest, Colts, and Lions)
- 62-50 record as an NFL Head Coach
- Well respected and has fans in Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy
- Can bring a calm, experienced presence to a Bronco sideline
- Will be 68 in January. Is he too old?
- Had to step away from his last NFL job due to an illness
- Can you sell the fanbase on the hire?
Bottom Line: Jim Caldwell is a quality hire and could do wonders for a dysfunctional Bronco team, but are you able to sell his candidacy on a frustrated fanbase?
Let’s pivot to some of the younger guys available this cycle and see how their chances stack up against their experienced counterparts.