Denver Broncos trade idea with Jaguars no. 2: Laviska Shenault to the Broncos
Possible asking price: 5th-round pick or late pick plus a player
Be careful what ideas you suggest on Twitter, you never know how people are going to react.
The Denver Broncos don’t really have any pressing issues at the moment, so people getting all upset over this kind of idea because there are more “pressing” needs is a silly argument to me.
There are more than a few good reasons the Denver Broncos should consider making a move like this.
- Shenault was considered a possible 1st-round prospect just two years ago
- He has positional versatility
- He can return kicks or punts
- Given Jacksonville’s investments at WR, the price to acquire could be very low
- He still has two years left on his rookie deal
- KJ Hamler is making progress coming back from injury, but his injury history cannot be ignored
- Depth at receiver is untested, not as high upside as Shenault
- WR is a premium position in the NFL
Imagine for a moment that the Broncos do make a reasonable trade for Laviska Shenault. Maybe they trade an interior offensive lineman from their deep group right now for Shenault and both teams swap draft picks.
Shenault would have a chance to rebound in Denver with a creative coaching staff and a superstar QB running the show.
By 2023, maybe he’s your RB2 behind Javonte Williams…
This is the kind of move where you should flex your creative muscles, not suppress them.
Should a trade like this be the priority? Not necessarily. Should the Broncos be “in” on a deal if one is going to go down?
I think the answer to that is absolutely.