Denver Broncos: 3 players we need to see more of in second half of season
Percentage of defensive snaps in 2020: 6.52
The Broncos have had enough issues along the defensive line this season that there may become no choice but to work third-round pick McTelvin Agim a little more.
More from Predominantly Orange
- Denver Broncos need to prioritize having CEO head coach
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
Jurrell Casey is out for the season with an injury, as is Mike Purcell. Dre’Mont Jones has dealt with injuries and the Broncos have had to turn to street free agents such as Timmy Jernigan and Sylvester Williams.
It’s clear that Agim is a raw talent who has much work to do, but being out on the field and experiencing the play at the pro level, even if he experiences some shortcomings, is a good learning experience.
This is a player the Broncos used a third-round pick on who has been given just 26 snaps on defense this year. With the team growing thin at the position, that is a number that needs to start to go up.
In fact, of all the players on this list, Agim should be the one with the best chance of seeing a big increase in playing time.