Denver Broncos 2018 roster evaluations: Safety
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC
Based on the way the Broncos divvied up the snaps in 2017, this team is clearly in need of a more ‘traditional’ strong safety.
That position is not the strong suit of the team’s two best players in this position group, Darian Stewart and Justin Simmons.
This could lead to some interesting roster decisions down the line, but for now, the Broncos have Su’a Cravens to play the role that was not appropriately filled when the team decided to move on from T.J. Ward last year.
With Cravens set to play a similar role to that of Ward, the Broncos will be able to create some intriguing mismatches defensively with such a unique group of players that can play deep, in the box, blitz, or play as nickel cornerbacks.
Joe Woods and the rest of the defensive staff have their work cut out for them trying to find ways to involve all of these talented players a reasonable number of snaps per game, but expect the lion’s share to go to Stewart, Simmons, and Cravens.