Denver Broncos day two mock draft: Adding firepower on offense
Third Round, 99th overall: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC
If you’ve been reading this site for any amount of time, you can look through the archives of mock drafts and typically find Josey Jewell in them.
This is one of the picks I am trying to speak into existence.
Jewell provides leadership at the inside linebacker position, but he also brings other intangible qualities.
This is a guy who can call the defensive plays, and is a player who brings some of the best instincts at the linebacker position in the 2018 NFL Draft.
The Broncos need depth at inside linebacker, and possibly a player to take over in the future as a starter.
If Denver can sneak Jewell at the end of day two, they’re upgrading not only their defense, but special teams as well.
Jewell was constantly around the football at Iowa, making plays against the run, as a pass rusher, or in coverage. He’s one of the most underrated players at this position in the draft.