Denver Broncos: Draft Picks Deserve Patience
Be Patient — Things Will Change For the Better
We live in this day in age of instant gratification. The Broncos winning a Super Bowl two years ago helps that mindset take center stage. However, at some point there must be a conscious thought to allow draft pick a chance to succeed.
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC
Three players of the 2017 NFL Draft class saw the field this season. This is a terrible statistic.
Through a bad season, there remains a discussion. It is important to remember the faith teams must have in draft picks. Fans see a struggling season and immediately want “X” player off the team. It takes an endless amount of patience to see the potential come through.
The Broncos’ patience in Cody Latimer remains an example for fans to use in these hard times. It gives them a chance to sit back and let the process play out. There will be times it will not be pretty, but the rewards are endless for players like Latimer, Garett Bolles and Isaiah McKenzie.
Obviously, other players deserve to be on this list, but there are no players under the most scrutiny the past four seasons than these three. Latimer is just now seeing the patience reap rewards on the field.