Why Jake Butt was the steal of the 2017 NFL Draft
1. Complementary offensive weapon
We’ve talked about this at length this offseason, but Butt is the perfect complementary weapon for an offense that has desperately been lacking the skills he brings to the table.
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC
With Demaryius Thomas on the outside along with Emmanuel Sanders, the idea of Butt being added to the mix is downright thrilling.
Butt will work extremely well with the players that are now around him, especially because he’ll be getting some of the more favorable matchups.
Teams can’t double Thomas or Sanders if they have to also account for Butt coming out of the slot, or working a linebacker off of an in-line position. The Broncos lacked a true threat without Julius Thomas to move the chains consistently on third downs, to provide a dependable target in the red zone.
Much of that has to do with the quarterback as well, but this is a young player that can really do it all and help the Broncos.