The 10 Biggest Threats to the Broncos’ AFC West Title
This is the worst quarterback situation any defending Super Bowl champion has endured since the last time the Broncos retired an all-time great and started a late round draft pick in his place. Man, Colorado sports are going HAM on the 90’s reboots.
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC
If Trevor Siemian is 75% Alex Smith, then we can consider that a win – but quarterbacks like that always leave infinitely more plays on the field than they make.
Paxton Lynch is the future, and the future may come sooner than anyone thought considering Austin Davis is the only quarterback on the roster with an NFL throw; but Lynch is still far too raw to toss out to the lions of the NFL.
It’s hard to see how the Broncos don’t finish in the bottom half of the league in QB production.
I would be more optimistic given that CJ is a proven big time running back, Devontae Booker is a stud, and Sanders and DT combine for one of the best wide receiver duos in football, but none of this matters if there is no time to get the ball to these guys.
Next: The Offensive Line