Oct 4, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman (23) runs for a touchdown during the first half against the Minnesota Vikings at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
5. Ronnie Hillman, Running Back
It was week 5 of the 2014 season when Ronnie Hillman came in against the Arizona Cardinals in a home game when the Broncos desperately needed a spark in the running game. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.
Hillman only carried the ball 11 times against the Vikings on Sunday, but the timing of his spark could not have been better as the former 3rd round pick out of San Diego State burst down the sideline for a 72-yard touchdown run. It was the longest play for the Broncos all year and the longest run from scrimmage for any NFL team so far this season.
Hillman is in line for a lot more carries as the season progresses, and has shown a burst and second gear that is simply not there for C.J. Anderson yet.
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC