August 14, 2015; Seattle, WA, USA; Denver Broncos wide receiver Andre Caldwell (12) misses catching a pass against the Seattle Seahawks during the first half in a preseason NFL football game at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
Stock up: Bennie Fowler
Stock down: Andre Caldwell
The Broncos cannot sacrifice talent for experience, in my opinion, and while I think Caldwell is still capable of doing some nice things on special teams thanks to his speed, there’s no doubt that Bennie Fowler and Jordan Norwood have better upside as receivers at that point, and both can also contribute on special teams.
Brock Osweiler had a deep ball hit Caldwell on his back shoulder, which would have been a tougher catch, but it was a play a veteran NFL receiver should have made.
The Broncos obviously have plenty of faith in Caldwell having given him a new contract last offseason, but there’s no doubt there are some interesting young players coming up, including Fowler who made the play of the game against the Seahawks.
More from Predominantly Orange
- Broncos chances of landing Sean Payton dwindling, but not gone
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC