Per Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Broncos will hold out Von Miller and Chris Harris, Jr from action in week 1 of the preseason. The team will take on the Seattle Seahawks on August 7th. Here’s what Klis had to say:
"Miller and Harris are recovering from knee surgeries and won’t play in the preseason opener Aug. 7 against the Seahawks, but the Broncos should have those eight defensive players when they play again for keeps in Week 3 of the regular season"
As well they should hold them out. Harris is rehabbing from a partially torn ACL that he suffered vs the San Diego Chargers back in January in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.
Miller tore his ACL late in the season as well. He went down on a fluky play in week 16 vs the Houston Texans, but reports on his rehab and recovery have been great.
More from Broncos News
- Denver Broncos dream coaching staff for DeMeco Ryans
- Denver Broncos: “Sleeper” David Shaw checks every box
- The Broncos’ coaching search likely has not gone to plan
- Special Chiefs Suck Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if Joe Burrow Passes for ONE YARD vs KC
- 3 reasons Sean Payton should not coach the Broncos
Both players are under the excellent care and direction of Steve “Greek” Antonopulos. Although there’s no guarantee, the Broncos hope to have both players ready to go on Sept 7th when they regular season kicks off.