The Denver Broncos had their hands all over this year’s Pro Bowl. Even though the AFC lost to the NFC 62-35, a good time was had by all, including the Broncos’ coaching staff which coached the AFC squad.
Here’s a quick orange-colored rundown of the game:
- For so many years, the NFL saw center Jeff Saturday snapping the ball to Peyton Manning. Even though Saturday was playing for the NFC, he stepped over to familiar territory. At the end of the first quarter, Saturday snapped the ball to Manning for the very last time since he is retiring. Saturday and Manning were teammates for 12 years in Indianapolis.
- Even though the NFC received the ball first, Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson couldn’t connect on a handoff, and Champ Bailey recovered the ball. Manning subsequently stepped in and threw a 6-yard touchdown to A.J. Green.
- Demaryius Thomas was the third-leading receiver for the AFC. He finished with five catches for 52 yards.
- Meanwhile, Manning went 6-for-12 for 43 yards and one touchdown. He was also sacked once.
- To go along with Bailey’s fumble recovery, he added five tackles. Elvis Dumervil had one tackle and Demaryius Thomas had two.
- Guard Zane Beadles was also a participant in Sunday’s game. Ryan Clady, Chris Kuper, and Von Miller could not participate due to injury.