A few notes of interest as we prepare to watch the Denver Broncos host the Seattle Seahawks in preseason game No. 2. These come courtesy of the team’s weekly press release.
- There were 36 new players that made their debuts in a Broncos uniform last week against the Chicago Bears.
- The 28-point win over the Bears tied for the eighth best mark for a preseason game in franchise history.
- The Broncos defense held the Bears to 0-of-11 on third downs.
- The Broncos’ current roster has 39 new players, including 19 veteran free agents, 12 college free agents, seven draft selections, and one trade acquisition.
- The Broncos and the Seahawks have 9 preseason meetings and the Broncos hold an 8-1 record over the Seahawks.
- The two teams have 52 regular season meetings, and the Broncos own a 34-18 record over the Seahawks. The last regular season meeting was in Sept. 2010 when the Broncos beat the Seahawks 31-14.
- The first roster cut comes after preseason game No. 3 when the team must trim the roster to 75 players. They currently have 90 players on the roster.