The results are in and it’s time to hand out the eighth Predominantly Orange “Golden Bucky” award, and the winner of the Denver Broncos Most Valuable Player award for the 2011-12 season is quarterback Tim Tebow.
Tebow received 55% of the fan vote, with rookie linebacker Von Miller finishing second with 23% of the vote and running back Willis McGahee finishing third with 9%. Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, safety Brian Dawkins, and kicker Matt Prater also received votes.
After starting the season as back-up to former Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton, Tebow played the second half of the Week 5 game against the San Diego Chargers and nearly pulled off a comeback victory. Tebow would be the starter for the remainder of the season and would help lead the Broncos to heart-pounding comeback victories and the AFC West Division title. Tebow threw for 1,729 yards and twelve touchdowns as well as rush for 660 yards and earn six rushing touchdowns in the regular season.
Congratulations to Tim Tebow on this fan decided honor. Now, it’s time to vote on the last category, which is Moment of the Year. Voting ends on Sunday, Mar. 25 at midnight, so get those votes in and tune in next week to see who gets the final “Golden Bucky” award!
What was the Denver Broncos' Moment of the Year this season?
- Tim Tebow hits Demaryius Thomas with a 80-yard touchdown pass to pull off the overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Wildcard Playoff Round. (100%, 2 Votes)
- Tim Tebow scrambles for a two-point conversion to force overtime in game against the Miami Dolphins in Week 7. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Eddie Royal returns a punt 80-yards to seal the win against the Oakland Raiders in Week 9. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Tim Tebow throws a game winning 56-yard touchdown pass to Eric Decker in Week 10. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Tim Tebow culminates a 95-yard game winning drive with a 20 yard rushing touchdown to defeat the New York Jets in Week 11. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Matt Prater nails a 59-yard field goal to send the game against the Chicago Bears into overtime in Week 14. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Wesley Woodyard forces a fumble of Marion Barber that is recovered by Elvis Dumervil, leading to an overtime victory over the Chicago Bears in Week 14 (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2
Follow Dustin on Twitter.