The results are in and it’s time to hand out the sixth Predominantly Orange “Golden Bucky” award, and the winner of the Denver Broncos New Addition of the Year award for the 2011-12 season is linebacker Von Miller.
Miller received 29% of the fan vote, with running back Willis McGahee finishing just one vote behind in second with 28% of the votes. Head coach John Fox finished third with 19% of the votes. All other nominees received at least one vote.
After being taken second overall in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Broncos, Miller had a stellar rookie season. He started in 15 of 16 games in 2011, earning 51 tackles and recording 11.5 sacks. He also forced three fumbles. For his efforts, Miller was named to the 2011 Pro Bowl and was the 2011 NFL AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Congratulations to Von Miller on this fan decided honor. Now, it’s time to vote on the next category, which is Game of the Year. Voting ends on Sunday, Mar. 11 at midnight, so get those votes in and tune in next week to see who gets the seventh “Golden Bucky” award and to vote on the first of the final two major categories!
What was the Denver Broncos' Game of the Year this season?
- The 29-23 dramatic overtime win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Wildcard Playoff Round. (77%, 17 Votes)
- The 17-13 heart-pounding, Thursday night win over the New York Jets in Week 11. (9%, 2 Votes)
- The 16-13 overtime win over the San Diego Chargers in Week 12. (5%, 1 Votes)
- The 35-32 offensively charged win over the Minnesota Vikings in Week 13. (5%, 1 Votes)
- The 13-10 overtime comeback win over the Chicago Bears in Week 14. (5%, 1 Votes)
- The 18-15 overtime comeback win over the Miami Dolphins in Week 7. (0%, 0 Votes)
- The 38-24 dominate running game showcase win over the Oakland Raiders in Week 9. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 22
Follow Dustin on Twitter.