Kyle Orton wasn’t on the waiver wire for more than 24 hours before he was claimed by the Kansas City Chiefs. The Broncos put $2.5 million in their pocket and the Chiefs got a quarterback that could potentially put the 4-6 team back in the playoff hunt.
It was reported that the Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys also put a claim in for him, but the Chiefs were higher on the list because of their record.
A few notes about the move:
- Willis McGahee takes over Orton’s position as a team captain.
- The Colts really must be in it to “Suck for Luck.”
- The first day of the New Year just got a lot more interesting. The Broncos play the Chiefs at Mile High in what could be a game that decides who goes to the playoffs from the AFC West.
- Orton is in the best position possible. It’s a situation with low expectations, good receivers, and a chance to win a permanent starting job.
- Which will be louder at Mile High? The cheers for Tebow or the “boos” for Orton?