The Broncos kickoff the 2011 NFL season this evening at home against one of their biggest rivals, the Oakland Raiders. Not only do the Broncos initiate this new season against an AFC West foe, they get to do it on the national stage of Monday Night Football. The AFC West showdown follows the first Monday night game, which features the New England Patriots visiting the Miami Dolphins.
For those individuals who are attending this evening’s game, I’ve listed information below that is pertinent to tonight’s game.
To open the season, the Broncos will be wearing their orange home jersey this evening. The Broncos will be wearing the orange jersey twice this year – against the Oakland Raiders tonight and in Week 8 when the Detroit Lions visit Denver one day before Halloween.
The game will be broadcast on ESPN and 850 KOA Radio.
Complimentary Broncos GameDay Magazines will be given to the first 45,000 fans upon entering the stadium.
National Anthem: Evan Dalrymple – Bronco fans are encouraged to sing along as the nation remembers and honors the victims and heroes of 9/11/2001
Color Guard: 7 Groups- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Police & Fire
Halftime: Bud Light Bottle Race & USMC Silent Drill Platoon
TIMELINE OF EVENTS (all times shown are in Mountain Time)
- 2:00 pm – Parking Lot C Open for Tailgating & RV Permits
- 3:00 pm – All Parking Lots Open
- 5:00 pm – Premium Gates Open
- 5:15 pm – Bronco Barn on south end of stadium opens (click here for more details)
- 6:00 pm – All Stadium Gates Open
- 7:53 pm – Stampede and Broncos Fight Song
- 8:00 pm – Thunderstorm Jumpers
- 8:02 pm – Parade of Colors
- 8:05 pm – Broncos Intros
- 8:07 pm – Coin Toss
- 8:07 pm – 9/11 Tribute Video
- 8:11 pm – National Anthem
- 8:15 pm – Kickoff (dependent on first game finishing time)