The activity around Dove Valley is slowing a bit, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t NFL related news to talk about. Here’s the very first edition of Rants and Ruminations.
- Jim Mora interviewed for the Eagles and the Broncos, ultimately deciding to head to Philly. After coaching in San Diego, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Seattle, Mora has finally overcome a severe case of FOS – Fear of Snow.
- Why fine NFL players $20,000 for running their mouths or celebrating excessively. The lost money doesn’t matter to these multi-millionaires. The league should threaten to trade them to the Panthers.
- Congratulations to the people who had money on Brett Favre retiring before Regis Philbin.
- If you’re looking for power, look no further than Jay Cutler. The man had a terrible 2009, throwing a league high 26 interceptions, yet he secured a raise and got two of three bosses fired.
- Even though Laurence Maroney was unlawfully arrested, his mug shot is worth a look. Those things could have plugged the BP oil leak.
- Josh McDaniels’ new start in St. Louis is the equivalent of a man released after 10 years in the slammer. Let the image cleaning, polishing, and paint job begin.
- NBA coaches wear suits, MLB managers wear uniforms, and NFL coaches wear sweats. You would think the No Fun League would mandate some formal attire.
- The Seahawks made it to the playoffs with a losing record. If I were the Commish, I would have given the Seahawks’ spot to the Bucs or Giants.
- Normally, known for putting a, ummm, foot in the mouth, Rex Ryan has been unusually quiet this week. I don’t think that bodes well for the Jets.
- Speaking of the Jets, there’s an ad on Craigslist for a 1-br/1-bedroom on Revis Island. Where’s the ad for Bailey’s Bungalw?
- Championship weekend is upon us, so enjoy the games, wings, beer, and NFL playoff action at its best.
Make sure to follow Predominantly Orange on Facebook.