As many of you know, Tim Tebow’s Nike training shoe just came out. On the left heel, reads the word “PROMISE.” This stems from Tebow’s Florida days when he promised that “a lot of good will come out of this” after a 1 point loss to Ole Miss in 2008. He promised to play harder than any player, and to work his teammates harder than anyone else for the remainder of the season. Here’s the clip of his speech with “The Promise” coming at the 2:15 mark.
Here are fifteen promises I would like to see made by the Broncos this season:
- The Broncos organization promises Elvis Dumervil a large long term contract.
- The defensive front three promises to stop the Chiefs run game.
- Kyle Orton promises to keep the neck beard in check.
- Josh McDaniels promises to utilize Eddie Royal more than last season.
- Demaryius Thomas promises some one-handed grabs a la Brandon Marshall.
- Elvis Dumervil promises to level Philip Rivers multiple times this season.
- New Broncos promise to enter training camp in shape. No failed physicals this summer.
- The weather gods promise sunny 60 degree weather for the games I attend.
- Matt Prater promises Jason Elam-like consistency.
- Ryan Clady promises no more off season sports injuries.
- Don “Wink” Martindale promises a more effective 3-4 defense, even capable of containing Peyton Manning.
- Coach McD promises to use Tim Tebow in the Wildcat formation.
- Knowshon Moreno promises to remain injury free.
- Daniel Graham promises to make us forget about who Tony Scheffler was.
- Alphonso Smith promises a couple of special teams touchdowns.
You can now follow Predominantly Orange on Facebook. Type PredominantlyOrange.com into the search box and “like” the page.