You can now follow Predominantly Orange on Facebook. Type PredominantlyOrange.com into the search box and “like” the page. It’s easy as pie and you won’t regret it!
- Kyle Orton is the projected starter based on his performance in mini camp over the weekend. This is not set in stone, however. Remember, Orton knows the offense the best since he ran it all last year. Brady Quinn and Tim Tebow are still learning and are not out of the running. The lightning rod is up and two young QBs are waiting to strike during training camp.
- Demaryius Thomas caught a TD pass (from Orton) on the first play of a full team drill this weekend. While that made headlines in the local paper, there’s no sense in over-reacting to the play. Good route running, good toss, and an increase in confidence for Thomas who has just returned to the field after foot surgery in February. Had the pass come from Tebow, Rachael Nichols would be back at Dove Valley doing a sideline report at practice.
- In the next episode of Days of Our Lives, will Eddie Royal be the return man or will Perrish Cox take over his duties? According to Josh McDaniels, third year receiver, Royal, would continue to handle the job if the season started to day. As for Cox? It looks like he still needs to adjust to the Mile High altitude. I would really like to see Cox take over Royal’s return duties so Royal can focus more at wide receiver. WR is a big question mark right now with Brandon Marshall’s departure, and we need all the help we can get.
- When will Elvis Dumervil get his contract? That question has been on the minds of Broncos fans for the past few months. At least Dumervil is still attending mini camp and participating in as much as he’s allowed to. That speaks volumes to his character. When the contract comes (and it will), we’ll be able to hear a collective sigh of relief in Denver and a “Thank you very much.”
- It looks like Britton Colquitt wants to continue his role of punter for the Broncos. He’s competing with A.J. Trapasso, the punter who infamously hit Jerry Jones’ new big screen at the Cowboys’ new stadium. With that leg, I say sign both punters - Colquitt for accuracy and Trapasso to kick Philip Rivers in the ass twice a year.
- Are QBs becoming the new wide receivers when it comes to off the field incidents? Vince Young is the latest QB to find trouble. Maybe we’ll get a statement from Young his mom as to what provoked him in the first place.
- T.O. is still “homeless.” While he has a second season of his reality show slated to hit vH1 this summer, his calendar for the fall looks empty so far. Wait until a major injury hits a team’s #1 or #2 guy, and Owens’ phone will ring. Why is Brett Favre being knocked for playing too long? A T.O. retirement wagon should be on the trails soon enough.
- Jay Cutler has a new offensive coordinator (Mike Martz) in Chicago to help him redeem himself and the team from last year’s performance. I think Cutler could actually have a much better year if he has better protection. He was tied with Donovan McNabb as the 7th most sacked QB in the league. Both Cutler and McNabb are looking forward to a fresh start in a new offense. Both QBs work best out of the pocket and have the arm to get the ball into tight spots. The AFC North and NFC East just got more competitive.
Tags: A.j. Trapasso Brady Quinn Brett Favre Britton Colquitt Demaryius Thomas Denver Broncos Donovan Mcnabb Eddie Royal Elvis Dumervil Jay Cutler Josh Mcdaniels Kyle Orton Perrish Cox Terrell Owens Tim Tebow Vince Young