- The Broncos schedule is no walk in the park. Towards the end of the season, the team has 4 road games in 5 weeks. That doesn’t include their transatlantic trip to London on October 31st. My real complaint is that the Broncos don’t get more nationally televised games. They usually get 3-4 per season. This year, it’s just one. Does the league not have confidence in our coach?
- Based on the schedule and our current roster, I’m going to predict a 9-7 record.
- Yes, I picked Dez Bryant in the first round of the CBS Mock Draft. I had to duck and cover from all the tomatoes thrown at me on the message board. I was an inch away from selecting Rolando McClain, but the Broncos are seriously considering the wideout and realize that he may not be around when their 2nd round picks come. As we’ve seen in the past few Super Bowls, offense can win championships when a team has a defense that can make stops from time to time. The Broncos have nobody to throw to and I figure with the draft being so deep defensively, we can still make out like bandits with our later picks. What do I know though? I’m just a girl, and “MasterAgain” is a true MasterDebater.
- While Tony Scheffler’s departure leaves a gaping hole in our offense, I’m looking forward to seeing what Daniel Graham and Richard Quinn can do with more time at the tight end spot. I was impressed by Quinn last year during training camp, and I’ve always been a big fan of Graham. If Scheffler wanted out, no sense in trying to keep him.
Other NFL Ramblings:
- I would love to see Mike Shanahan work with McNabb and T.O. in D.C. That trio may be more functional than anyone in Congress.
- The Jets just got better in the off season once again when they lured Jason Taylor from Miami. Without knowing if the Dolphins would resign him, Taylor signed with the Jets because it was the only contract offer on the table. The Dolphins are going to regret that decision come September.
- Big Ben is getting a big suspension (4-6 games) for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. I can’t believe the Steelers are considering trading him. When you have a franchise QB, you don’t put him up on the trade block. He’s got a big Scarlet letter on him right now, and the Steelers are the kind of team where image comes first.