I can feel the ‘football’ attitude dip. While the smell of pigskin is still in the air with the playoffs and all, I’m feeling a little lost as I think about the Broncos long off season looming ahead. After all, I’m still recovering from last year’s off season transactions. I’m not quite ready for more, and believe me, there will be a lot more. It’s already started at the coaching level, and when the time comes, certain players will be hitting the road as well.
If any of you are feeling the “off season blues” like I am, here are several things you can do to relieve the boredom:
1. Paint your basement orange and blue. Hell, once you’re done with that, turn it into a body painting session.
2. Ski/Ride – It’s what Colorado is known for. Your Sunday’s are free now, so go ahead and contribute to the gridlock traffic on I-70.
3. Tailgate in your front yard while your neighbor shovels his driveway.
4. Become the referee in the neighbor kids’ football game. Go Ed Hochuli on them – flex your muscles and reverse game deciding calls.
5. Go to church - Head straight towards the confessional as you explain how you wanted Tony Romo to “get the shit beat out of him and forget his own name.”
6. Enter a competitive eating contest – the beer/wing belly you’ve developed after 17 weeks can hold a lot now. If your team can’t bring home a championship, you surely can.
7. Reconnect with long lost friends (or your significant other) – You are all theirs until next September when the season starts again. Exceptions include but are not limited to: Draft Day, Fan Fair, Training Camp, and Pre Season.
Tags: Denver Broncos