Happy Game Day! Get your popcorn ready because it’s going to be a great show. Here are some things to watch for during tonight’s game:
- Brian Dawkins back in action. He’ll be playing with a large Q-tip cast on his surgically repaired hand, but don’t doubt his ability to come away with an interception.
- Turnovers, turnover, turnovers. We’ve got a horrible turnover margin (-6) that won’t make us forget about Jay Cutler or Brandon Marshall any time soon.
- Peyton Hillis on the kickoff return. He doesn’t have what it takes to take it all the way for the score, but he will get the team in good field position. After a couple of bobbled catches and one fumble against Seattle, that’s all we need at this stage of the game.
- Kyle Orton. Not Cutler. Orton has a lot to prove to his former team just as Cutler does, but he’s also got a lot to prove to Denver fans. With Chris Simms out with a sprained ankle, Orton needs to ease our stomachs, especially in the red zone.
- Punting. Brett Kern and Britton Colquitt have been doing a fine job booming kicks down field and there’s even a little competition between the two. The starting job is definitely up for grabs.
- The run game. Chicago’s run defense isn’t great so the Broncos should springboard their run game to a higher level even without LaMont Jordan and Knowshon Moreno.
- Extra effort. Rosters need to be cut down to 75 by Thursday and then down to 53 by Saturday. Unfamiliar names may be making some key plays tonight just to keep a job.
- Crowd reaction. Many Broncos fans want to give a piece of their mind to Cutler. Listen to the reaction when Da Bears run out of the tunnel and on their first offensive set.
- An aggressive rush defense. The team wants to get some licks on Cutler and hurry him out of his comfort zone. Look for Elvis Dumervil and Robert Ayers to come away with at least a sack.
- The NBC crew to go on and on about McJaygate and Brandon Marshall. Feel free to mute the T.V. after the first quarter.
Don’t forget to check out the live chat that Mike is doing over at Bear Goggles On. Show those Bears fans that we’ve got passion too.
Enjoy the game and GO BRONCOS!
Topics: Brandon Marshall, Brett Kern, Brian Dawkins, Britton Colquitt, Chicago Bears, Chris Simms, Denver Broncos, Elvis Dumervil, Jay Cutler, Josh Mcdaniels, Knowshon Moreno, Kyle Orton, Lamont Jordan, Peyton Hillis, Robert Ayers