With the recent drama surrounding Mark Cuban during the Nuggets-Mavs playoff series, I think this bit of information is relevant right now. SI.com released its top 5 lists for best and worst owners in each of the major sports. For the NFL, the top 5 best owners are:
1. The Rooney Family – Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Robert Kraft – New England Patriots
3. Mara and Tisch Families – New York Giants
4. Jeffrey Lurie – Philadelphia Eagles
5. Steve Bisciotti – Baltimore Ravens
And the top 5 worst owners are:
1. Al Davis – Oakland Raiders
2. William Clay Ford – Detroit Lions
3. Dan Snyder – Washington Redskins
4. Mike Brown – Cincinnati Bengals
5. Denise DeBartolo York – San Francisco 49ers
These results are based on the following factors:
- Team’s success or failure on the field.
- Willingness to spend money to improve the team.
- Stability and capabilities of the front office and management.
- Amenities at the team’s venue.
- Club’s culture and interactivity with fans
Topics: Nfl Owners