Some quick notes about the HUGE win today against the Chargers:
- I have a love/hate relationship with the Broncos’ defense. Today, I hated them. We were lucky that the offense had enough horsepower to keep up with the Chargers’ offense.
- How about Brandon Marshall’s return to action? He set a team record for catches (18) for 166 yards and 1 TD. Eddie Royal took a back seat until the end of the game when he caught the final TD and a gutsy two point conversion.
- I don’t blame Mike Shanahan for going for the two point conversion. With the way the Broncos’ ‘D’ was playing, I would have done the same thing.
- Tony Scheffler made up for last week’s dropped pass in the endzone against the Raiders. He finished with 6 catches for 64 yards and 2 TD’s.
- It was a tale of two halves. The Broncos dominated in the first half opening up a 31-17 lead. They let the Chargers close the gap with a score of 31-27 at the end of the third quarter. I tip my Broncos’ hat to Darren Sproles for single handedly putting the Chargers in a position to win. He made everyone forget that Ladanian Tomlinson was even on the field.
- Who would have thought that it would be the Chargers who would still be winless at the end of week 2? Face it, we all knew that the Chiefs would be.
- Jay Cutler handed the ball off to the Chargers once in the red zone late in the fourth and he almost did it again as the ball slipped out of his hands. It was a fumble, but referee Ed Hochuli already whistled the ball dead. I can’t get down on Cutler, though. He came through when it really counted. When my stomach was in my throat and my heart was in my hands.