News from Broncos Country:
- Brandon Marshall was suspended for three games this season by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league’s conduct policy. His suspension could be reduced to two games if he attends counseling. After numerous encounters with the law, Marshall vows to become a better man on and off the field.
- More bad news: Rookie fullback Ryan Torain was competing for the #1 spot alongside Selvin Young and Andre Hall (Micheal Pittman was moved to tailback), until his fractured his elbow in camp today. Torain is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.
- On a lighter note (pun intended): I spotted Montrae Holland (with fellow offensive lineman Ryan Harris) in a Wendy’s commercial this morning. Remember, Holland has been trying to slim down to 325 lbs. in order to practice with his team. I haven’t seen him pushing a sled in front of Colorado’s State Capitol Building, and I sure as hell hope I don’t see him at a Wendy’s drive-thru. Here’s the commercial:
- Jay Cutler has replaced John Lynch. No, not on the field. Only on television. Cutler will host a weekly football wrap-up show on Ch. 4 Monday evenings.
- Center Tom Nalen has missed 7 consecutive practices.
- The rookies are doing a nice job adjusting to the demanding schedule of playing for professional football. It hasn’t been an easy ride.
- There’s no doubt that kicker Matt Prater has a lot to prove especially as Jason Elam’s predecessor. He seems to be doing very well so far.