– Don’t call Jay Cutler a gunslinger. He knows where he’s throwing the ball unlike Ben Rothlisberger in his rookie year (Rocky Mountain News).
– Oldie but goodie, John Lynch, is ready to compete for a starting job on defense (Denver Post). Hmmm, Brett Favre could learn something from him.
– Dad thinks that Boss Bailey will play harder now that he’s playing alongside brother Champ. Boss agrees with pops (Denver Post). Let’s hope that’s the case when he goes up against Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates.
– With Jason Elam and Todd Sauerbrun gone, the Broncos look to a new group of young kickers (Yahoo Sports). There is no doubt that an important field goal will be missed this season, and we will wonder if Elam would have made it. My guess is that he would have, but let’s see what the new guys can do.
– I like to give the stagehand credit. The guy behind the curtains making everything run smoothly. That’s why you should take a look at the bio of long snapper, Mike Leach (Bronco Talk).
– According to ESPN, Elvis Dumervil will be one of four players to bust out in 08′ (ESPN The Magazine).