It’s good to see that all the wining and dining the Broncos did this past week has paid off. They just signed former Detroit Lion, Boss Bailey (Champ Bailey’s younger brother) to a five year contract worth between 17.5 million and 20.5 million. He will be the strong side linebacker moving D.J. Williams to weak side linebacker next season. It’s exciting to have another Bailey on the team, and he should thrive in the Broncos defensive scheme.
A few facts about the new Bailey:
- Like Champ, Boss played at Georgia where he was a 3 year starter and first team All-SEC selection his senior year.
- He was drafted in the second round, 34th overall, but missed the entire 2004 season due to a knee injury suffered in training camp.
- Football runs in his blood. Older brother, Ronald, also started at Georgia and played in NFL Europe.
- His grandmother gave him the nickname Boss. Given name is Rodney.
- Has seven career sacks and two interceptions, one of which was run back for a TD.