We all know that Travis Henry had a rough season on and off the field. He was the NFL’s leading rusher through four games, but then injuries (broken ribs, torn knee ligament) became the stories of his season among other things. What is Henry’s solution to this problem? More time in the gym.
He says, ” I’m going to train and I’m going to train smarter…I’ve got to find a different type of fitness.” Henry will be bringing in his personal trainer who had worked with him in Tennessee.
H/T: Denver Post
Because Henry needs to prevent injuries for next season, and he wants to spice things up a little, I’ve decided to throw in some workout suggestions:
1. Sled pull – harness up to pull all 9 of your children (the 8 mothers are optional). Sprint 50 yards, jog back. Aim for 8 to 10 repetitions. Stay hydrated for this one.
2. Front squat to Cutler press – Load the barbell with 233 lbs (Culter’s weight). Push the bar overhead 6 to 8 times as Cutler punches you in the ribs.
3. Gauntlet run – Offensive line on one side, defensive line on the other armed with surfboards (after all, it is summer). Run through with the football in hand and a blindfold on. Drop the ball and it’s back to the “Cutler press.”
4. Swimming – grab your flip-flops and a Speedo because it’s time to take to the water. Don’t ask Elway for a towel because he threw his in long before you put a Broncos jersey on.
5. Finally, please Travis…stay away from this contraption.