5 reasons why the Broncos could pull off the upset in San Diego:
1. The Broncos defense will make an appearance. Defensive coach, Jim Bates, knows that he is on the chopping block. These last two games against San Diego and Minnesota take him out of the frying pan and put him directly into the flame.
2. John Lynch gets some home cooking and he wants a win for possibly his last game at Qualcomm (Denver Post).
3. Mike Shanahan does not want to finish the season below .500. He says “I think you always want to end the season on a positive note. We’d like to play our best football on Monday night…I’ll be surprised if we don’t have anybody that doesn’t play hard” (Sign on San Diego).
4. QB, Philip Rivers, is asking Santa for a new knee (sprain). He will be playing on Monday despite limited practice time last week.
5. Revenge – the Chargers laid the smackdown on the Broncos in Denver in October. Final score SD – 41, Den – 3.
As children lay in their beds awaiting Santa’s arrival, and moms and dads eat “Santa’s cookies”, I might be celebrating a victory that came ten games too late.